| Our Bestselling Reading Program Just Got Better! Enhance Your Literacy Instruction with 288 Leveled Books Now Also Available as E-Books |
288 Student Titles organized in 24 levels and an easy-to-use Teacher Guide for each title—perfect for differentiated instruction!
AlphaKids helps young students begin their reading journey with the best selection of carefully leveled books from a variety of genres. This research-based, classroom-tested program focuses on building phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension skills using child-centered nonfiction and fiction.
- Develop reading skills and strategies systematically through scaffolded, explicit instruction.
- Support young readers through print placement, repetition of sentence patterns, picture-text correlation, and oral language structures.
- Motivate students with books that gradually increase in length and difficulty.
- Track progress and ensure application of key skills using blackline masters and quick observational checks.
- A FREE Smart Word vocabulary card with every 6-Pack and book label for every title
AlphaKids Student Books
Empower your students to become strategic, successful readers with 288 updated titles in a wide range of topics and genres to match any curriculum.
- Choose from realistic fiction, adventures, how-to books, photo-essays, fairy tales, and more!
- High-interest titles offer gradually increasing challenges in length, language, text format, and story structure.
- Child-centered books feature multicultural characters and engaging topics to keep kids turning pages.
- Comprehension questions in the back of each book prompt students to check understanding and make connections.
- Take a look inside! See samples of the new Student Book features.
AlphaKids Student Books are now available in E-Book format!
- Look Inside! Download an E-Book Sample. (1.3 MB)
- Purchase one-time-only, with 6-Packs
- Unlimited circulation throughout a building
- Device neutral: web-based, mobile-friendly, and iPad-compatible; perfect for interactive whiteboards
- Access at school or home, anywhere, anytime
AlphaKids Teacher Guides
Now featuring four-color guides with assessment for each title—perfect for easy lesson planning!
- Explicit support for building reading strategies and introducing important elements of phonics, punctuation, and grammar.
- Suggestions for promoting comprehension through activating prior knowledge, previewing the text, and thinking about the text while reading.
- Extension activities to encourage fluency practice and develop writing skills.
- Take a look inside! Download a FREE Teacher Guide sampler.
AlphaKids Program Organization
Designed for guiding young readers through a supported and scaffolded program of literacy development, AlphaKids features a variety of levels and genres to match your students’ skills, interests, and instructional needs.
|LEVELS ||FEATURES |
|• Guided Reading Levels A–D; 8–16 pages each; with 1–9 lines of text per page. |
• Challenge young readers with a gradual progression of high-frequency words.
• Support students with consistent layout featuring ample word spacing.
|• Guided Reading Levels D–G; 16 pages each; with 1–12 lines of text per page. |
• Develop new vocabulary by teaching students to process words in context.
• Prepare students for sustained comprehension by exposing them to a variety of syntax, line lengths, voices, and sentence structures.
|• Guided Reading Levels G–I; 16 pages each; with 1–14 lines of text per page. |
• Build fluency through increased exposure to complex and compound sentence structure, and direct speech.
• Introduce students to a variety of voices and points of view.
| • Guided Reading Levels J–K; 16–24 pages each; with 1–17 lines of text per page. |
• Expose young readers to nonfiction text features, including captions, diagrams, headings, bulleted lists, and labels.
• Challenge students with a range of informational texts and longer, more complex narratives.
Accelerated Reader® quizzes are available for selected titles in AlphaKids, Levels 4–24.
| Take a Closer Look! |
Take a brief tour of AlphaKids.
Perfect for whole class and small group settings.
Download an E-Book Sample.
Look inside a complimentary Teacher Guide sampler.
See Student Book Pages!
Click through AlphaKids Levels 1–24 below to view samples from each set.
See samples of the new Student Book features.
Researched & Approved:
View the AlphaKids Research Report.