| Our Bestselling Reading Program Just Got Better! Enhance Your Literacy Instruction with 288 Leveled Books Now Also Available as E-Books |
288 Student Titles organized in 24 levels and an easy-to-use Teacher Guide for each title—perfect for differentiated instruction!
AlphaKids helps young students begin their reading journey with the best selection of carefully leveled books from a variety of genres. This research-based, classroom-tested program focuses on building phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension skills using child-centered nonfiction and fiction.
- Develop reading skills and strategies systematically through scaffolded, explicit instruction.
- Support young readers through print placement, repetition of sentence patterns, picture-text correlation, and oral language structures.
- Motivate students with books that gradually increase in length and difficulty.
- Track progress and ensure application of key skills using blackline masters and quick observational checks.
- A FREE Smart Word vocabulary card with every 6-Pack and book label for every title
AlphaKids Student Books
Empower your students to become strategic, successful readers with 288 updated titles in a wide range of topics and genres to match any curriculum.
- Choose from realistic fiction, adventures, how-to books, photo-essays, fairy tales, and more!
- High-interest titles offer gradually increasing challenges in length, language, text format, and story structure.
- Child-centered books feature multicultural characters and engaging topics to keep kids turning pages.
- Comprehension questions in the back of each book prompt students to check understanding and make connections.
- Take a look inside! See samples of the new Student Book features.
AlphaKids Student Books are now available in E-Book format!
- Look Inside! Download an E-Book Sample. (1.3 MB)
- Purchase one-time-only, with 6-Packs
- Unlimited circulation throughout a building
- Device neutral: web-based, mobile-friendly, and iPad-compatible; perfect for interactive whiteboards
- Access at school or home, anywhere, anytime
AlphaKids Teacher Guides
Now featuring four-color guides with assessment for each title—perfect for easy lesson planning!
- Explicit support for building reading strategies and introducing important elements of phonics, punctuation, and grammar.
- Suggestions for promoting comprehension through activating prior knowledge, previewing the text, and thinking about the text while reading.
- Extension activities to encourage fluency practice and develop writing skills.
- Take a look inside! Download a FREE Teacher Guide sampler.
AlphaKids Program Organization
Designed for guiding young readers through a supported and scaffolded program of literacy development, AlphaKids features a variety of levels and genres to match your students’ skills, interests, and instructional needs.
|LEVELS ||FEATURES |
|• Guided Reading Levels A–D; 8–16 pages each; with 1–9 lines of text per page. |
• Challenge young readers with a gradual progression of high-frequency words.
• Support students with consistent layout featuring ample word spacing.
|• Guided Reading Levels D–G; 16 pages each; with 1–12 lines of text per page. |
• Develop new vocabulary by teaching students to process words in context.
• Prepare students for sustained comprehension by exposing them to a variety of syntax, line lengths, voices, and sentence structures.
|• Guided Reading Levels G–I; 16 pages each; with 1–14 lines of text per page. |
• Build fluency through increased exposure to complex and compound sentence structure, and direct speech.
• Introduce students to a variety of voices and points of view.
| • Guided Reading Levels J–K; 16–24 pages each; with 1–17 lines of text per page. |
• Expose young readers to nonfiction text features, including captions, diagrams, headings, bulleted lists, and labels.
• Challenge students with a range of informational texts and longer, more complex narratives.
Accelerated Reader® quizzes are available for selected titles in AlphaKids, Levels 4–24.
| Take a Closer Look! |
Take a brief tour of AlphaKids.
Look inside a complimentary Teacher Guide sampler.
See Student Book Pages!
Click through AlphaKids Levels 1–24 below to view samples from each set.
See samples of the new Student Book features.
Perfect for whole class and small group settings.
Download an E-Book Sample.
Researched & Approved:
View the AlphaKids Research Report.