Engage struggling readers with gripping storylines and high-impact graphics!
Dangerous Games follows Sima, Kojo, and Tom—three close friends who work together at a computer games company. When the friends start testing their games "for real", they encounter exciting, even dangerous, adventures.
Dangerous Games features:
Dangerous Games Student Books:
- 16 high-interest Student Books
- Guided Reading Levels N–Q; Lexile Levels 390L–590L
- Take a Closer Look! Download the Dangerous Games Scope and Sequence to learn more. (825 KB)
- An E-Book version included with every 6-Pack purchase!
- A matching Teacher Guide for each book that provides explicit instruction for developing comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, and fluency skills.
- A FREE Smart Word vocabulary card with every 6-Pack and book label on every title.
- Provide students with ample opportunities for successful reading practice: the predictable format, consistent style, and repeating characters allow struggling readers to focus on honing important literacy skills.
- Appeal to reluctant readers with contemporary illustrations, cool characters, and fast-moving storylines.
- Develop higher-order thinking skills through lessons that move beyond literal recall, providing comprehension strategy mini-lessons and collaborative response activities.
- Take a look inside! View sample Student Book pages. (1 MB)
Dangerous Games E-Books
E-Book version included with every 6-Pack purchase!
- Look Inside! Download an E-Book Sample. (2 MB)
- Purchase one-time-only, with 6-Packs
- Unlimited circulation throughout a building
- Device neutral: web-based, mobile-friendly, and iPad-compatible; perfect for interactive whiteboards
- Access at school or home, anywhere, anytime
Dangerous Games Teacher Guides:
Each Student Book is supported by an individual Teacher Guide.
- 6-page guides provide explicit before, during, and after reading support.
- Mini-lessons deliver targeted skill instruction.
- Before reading activities include comprehension skill instruction and pre-teaching of Tier 2 academic vocabulary.
- High-quality text-dependent questions check literal comprehension and promote higher-level thinking.
- After reading activities explore literary features and develop comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, and writing skills.
- 3 blackline masters for each title promote active reading, track skill development, and assess comprehension.
- Suggestions for working with ELL students are included.
- Take a look inside! Download a FREE Teacher Guide sampler.
Each book has a stand-alone plot and clear resolution. However, it is recommended that students start with Street Wars to establish the background and setting of the series.
| Take a Closer Look! |
Meet the daring computer gamers who star in the action-packed adventures of the Dangerous Games series!
Look inside a FREE Teacher Guide sampler for explicit before, during, and after reading support.
View Student Book Pages!
Dangerous Games motivates your students with a unique blend of traditional chapter book features and graphic novel style layouts. (1 MB)
Perfect for whole class and small group settings.
Download an E-Book Sample.
Download the Dangerous Games Scope and Sequence to learn more. (825 KB)